Royal Württemberg Order of Civil Merit Embroidered Breast Star of Constantin Franz Fürchtegott von Neurath

Very rare breast star of the order that existed only for twelve years. On November 6, 1806, King Friedrich I established Royal Württemberg Civil Order of Merit /Königlich Württembergischen Civil-Verdienstorden/ in three classes: Grand Cross, Commander and Knight /Großkreuz, Commandeur und Ritter/ as a reward for civil servants who excel outstanding zeal in service and devotion to duty. On September 23, 1818, King Wilhelm I combined the Royal Order of the Golden Eagle and the Order of Civil Merit to create the Order of the Württemberg Crown.​

On November 18, 1810, King Frederick I of Württemberg awarded Constantin Franz Fürchtegott von Neurath with Grand Cross of the order. After his death on November 27, 1817, the golden Grand Cross was returned to the order Chapter /Capitula/ while breast star remained in the family. The breast star was inherited through his only son Constantin Justus Franz Johannes (from 1851 Freiherr) von Neurath (1807-1876) https://asiamedals.info/threads/ord...tin-franz-freiherr-von-neurath-in-1864.27744/

Silver and gilded silver embroidery with silver-gilt sequins.
Size 114 x 113 mm.
Weight 22 g.

Royal Württemberg Civil Order of Merit Embrodiered Breast Star.jpg

Royal  Württemberg Civil Order of Merit Embrodiered Breast Star.jpg

• Tags
    bene merenti bus constantin franz fürchtegott von neurath award embroidered breast star of württemberg order german awards and decorations german state civil merit order königlich württembergischen civil-verdienstorden royal württemberg order of civil merit württemberg awards and decorations württemberg orden