5th class Golden Kite order document issued in 1915 to Majima Takamatsu for the Siege of Tsingtao

Rare document from my personal collection.

Document was issued on November 7, 1915 to 眞島孝松 - Majima Takamatsu /he was also awarded with a 5th class Rising Sun order/. Golden Kite order No. 113 405.

The siege of Tsingtao /Belagerung von Tsingtau; 青島の戦い/ was the attack on the German port of Qingdao (Tsingtao) during World War I by Japan and the United Kingdom. The siege was waged against Imperial Germany between 27 August and 7 November 1914. The siege was the first encounter between Japanese and German forces, the first Anglo-Japanese operation of the war, and the only major land battle in the Asian and Pacific theatre during World War I.​

5th class Golden Kite order document issued in 1915 to Majima Takamatsu for the Siege of Tsingtao.jpg

5th class Golden  Kite order document issued in 1915 to Majima Takamatsu for the Siege of Tsingtao.jpg

Document was hand-signed by the Emperor Taisho.

5th class Golden Kite order document issued in 1915 to  Majima Takamatsu for the Siege of Tsingtao.jpg

• Tags
    5th class golden kite order awarded in 1915 5th class golden kite order document from 1915 golden kite order certificate golden kite order document golden kite order for the siege of tsingtao japanese military order of golden kite kinshi kunshō order of the golden kite siege of tsingtao award tsingtao siege victory award 功五級金鵄勲章 金鵄勲章